Person-centred attack is a psychological tendency which was invented by Carl Rogers ( 1902-1987 ) . Carl Rogers was an American psychologist and clinical psychologist. His hypothesis was that each individual owns a reserved potency of self-understanding and the power to alter themselves positively. The undertaking of psychotherapeutics and assisting relationship is to assist to mobilise those reserved potencies. The person-centred relationship has three chief characteristics: 1. Empathic apprehension is when the assistant is seeking to understand the client’s universe and the manner the client lives his/her life. During my work I keep my behavior and emotional responses positive. I do non seek to act upon the client’s determinations and picks. I accept the client’s picks. if that does non do injury or unsafe to the client. to me or others.
For illustration follow the client’s bedtime modus operandis. 2. Unconditional credence is when the assistant does non seek to take the client towards some imagined ideal. but accepts the client merely the manner he/she is. The assistant tries to place the client’s feelings and gently give them back to the client. The effectual communicating is really of import and the active hearing every bit good. In my work topographic point I am seeking to inquire inquiries from the client when I can see something upset her. For illustration emotional hurt about a broken relationship. 3. Congruity is when the assistant does non play a function in the relationship. but participate in it whit his/her whole being. The assistant has to be valid while he/she expresses his/her emotions. The helper’s ideas. emotions and words are besides of import. non merely the client’s.
Abraham Maslow ( 1908-1970 ) was an American psychologist who developed the Maslow-pyramid. the hierarchy of demands. His theory was that there is a hierarchy of demands from the basic biological demands to the complex psychological motives. If the basic demands are being satisfied so the individual can make the following degree. and the next… He categorised the basic human needs into five groups:
1. Physiological demands: The physiological demands are the most dominant demands like air. H2O. nutrient. slumber. If these demands are non being met. or even merely one of them unsated. so all the other demands may discontinue or being downgraded. For illustration: If person is hungry. this person’s merely purpose is to acquire some nutrient. In this instance he/she will non care with the other motive demands. such as buy a safer auto. He/she will pretermit all the other basic demands as good. the sexual desire and the demand of slumber. The hungriness wholly fills out the person’s head.
-When I am working I cook repasts to the client and help her to eat. The client besides has Fortisip ( multi-fibre milk shake or nutritionary milk shake ) five times a twenty-four hours via PEG ( Percutaneous endoscopic gastronomy feeding tubing ) . -I return attention of the client’s fluid consumption. As District Nurse requested. the client has to hold two liters fluids per twenty-four hours. -I look into the client’s air force per unit area mattress each twenty-four hours. It has to be on the force per unit area relieve manner and set to the recommended burden. This was specified by the District Nurse.
2. Safety demands: What is safety? I think the cognition that we are protected from danger. from conditions. from offense. from war. from epidemics. etc… It besides includes the sense of experiential stableness that we will be able to guarantee to fulfill our basic demands in the hereafter. When I am working I guarantee that I read the client’s Care program with all the hazard appraisals and I am cognizant all the possible dangers. The client I am working with has: -Medication hazard appraisal: Client has ocular damage she is non able to read the medicine labels. Client has allergic reactions. Client is utilizing catheter and pore. -Moving and managing hazard appraisal: Client is non able to travel ; carers need to utilize the ceiling hoist for all transportations.
Carers use slide sheet for positioning. -Pre-assessment-Premises and Environmental Risk/s to staff: no hazard found. -Infection Control: Infection in the nog site. Clogging of the tubing. Peg tubing comes out of the tummy. Client colonised with MRSA at catheter site and is being treated for it. Future infection in the organic structure and stoma site. Keeping the Stoma country clean and lovingness for the Colostomy. -Health and Safety hazard appraisal: Client choking coils when she is eating or imbibing due to her status. Incorrect diet and addendums will do choking and wellness complications. -Heavy Load: Carer forcing the client in a carer controlled wheelchair as client is non able to utilize electric wheelchair. Carer is at hazard of aching their dorsum when forcing client up gradients. -COSHH: Storage of cleaning goods assessed.
-Bed Rails hazard appraisal: Client can fall out of bed or ache herself on the rail when holding a cramp. -Pressure sore hazard appraisal: Client is non nomadic and therefore demands to guarantee the usage of force per unit area alleviating equipment. -Nutritional hazard appraisal: To guarantee client maintains a healthy nutritionary consumption. -Financial hazard appraisal: Client does non hold the capacity or mobility to look after her fundss.
3. Social demands: On this degree. when the basic and safety demands are being satisfied the individual’s emotional demands come to the head. The individual’s desire to be surrounded with friends. household. The point is the affectionate. confidant. honest human relationship. Here the love is non to be confused with the basic sexual desire from Level 1. During my work I am seeking to maintain the client emotionally content. Although my client has a household which visits her every bit much as possible. but sometimes they merely can non do it for a hebdomad and my client becomes disquieted. disquieted and stressed. To avoid this state of affairs I keep her company and seek to deflect her attending. I speak to her and portion my memories with her. I entertain her and maintain her positive.
4. Esteem: Persons need to gauge themselves that is self-esteem. The demand for positive self-pride is common in everybody. An individual’s emotional wellbeing is based on their ain self-image and self-pride. the manner they feels about themselves. Individual does besides necessitate the regard of others which should be gained by existent capablenesss and consequences and in this manner the individual’s self-pride will further nurture. While I am working I give every bit much attending as possible for the client. To advance the client’s emotional wellbeing it is of import to demo echt involvement in her individual and to inquire inquiries to happen out more about her and to listening what she wants to state. I guarantee that she feels herself listened to. understood and respected.
5. Self-actualisation: It is difficult to accomplish self-actualisation even for mundane people. When the physiological demands. the safety needs. the societal demands and regard are being met than the person can get down to work to accomplish self-actualisation. Maslow thought there is some behaviors whose can take to self-fulfilment. They can be used good in my work in attention. -Try new things do non lodge with old. safe methods. For illustration try a new nutrient it might savor good or seek a new activity. -Be honest and existent. make non play a function. For illustration take portion in the client’s attention with your whole being. ( Just as Carl Rogers said in his Person-centred approach-congruence part. ) -Be patient and steady to make your ends. For Example support client to accomplish what they wish.
A figure of people experience the minutes of self-actualisations. Maslow called them extremum experiences. The peak experience is an experience characterized by felicity and safety. It is a province of flawlessness. the cherry on the top. As every people different they experience these minutes in different ways. merely a few illustration:
-Affectionate relationship with others. birth of a kid.
-Creative activity. an ain exhibition.
-Joy of the athletics. to win on a competition.
I have worked with my client as a live-in carer for over a twelvemonth now. I know that she’s cherry on the top would be to see a unrecorded Lee Evans show. She adores stand-up comedy and she favours Lee Evans. Hopefully one twenty-four hours she’s wish will come true. I am certain if there will be a opportunity her household will take her to a show and she will be able to see the fugitive minute of self-actualisation. ( All of us can experience these peak experiences twenty-four hours by twenty-four hours non merely in a long waited thing. I preferred to take this illustration in my class work. )